Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Being Comfortable with Your Writing

Throughout this course I realized that I shouldn't be so close-minded about learning outside my major. I was always hesitant to live on the edge with my work due to the simple fact that it wasn't information I was comfortable/familiar with. Although I was slightly insecure about coming into the class unfamiliar with this particular style of writing, I realized that my experience could be an amazing different one from others.
The first couple of assignments made me feel discouraged. I took my time, yet still couldn't achieve the grade I was looking for. On the next assigments I really looked through the AP Stylebook and Writing for the Mass Media to see exactly what I was doing incorrectly. After doing so I started to see improvements in my writing.
Professor Eaton helped me discover a different side to my writing. The topics we are told to write truely brought out the writer in anyone. From in-depth descriptions to feature news story, they really put writing into perspective from every angle. This class was just what I needed to feel more comfortable and confident with my work. I would have to say this course is the first writing course I have taken, actually enjoyed, and could see myself taking another like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment